Cancellation options due to COVID-19
Reservations made on or before March 14, 2020
If your reservation was made on or before March 14, 2020 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, you can find out what your current cancellation and refund options are by going to cancel your reservation and choosing My travel plans have changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Depending on your circumstances, you may see one or more of the following options:
- A refund according to your Host’s cancellation policy
- A full cash refund after submitting official documentation for review
- An extenuating circumstances travel credit
- Ask your Host for a full refund
Reservations made after March 14, 2020 and before May 31, 2022
If your reservation was made after March 14, 2020 and before May 31, 2022 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. However, if you’re sick due to COVID-19, this is covered under our Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
If your reservation doesn’t qualify for a full refund, you can always message your Host to find out if they’re willing to give you an additional refund through the Resolution Center.
Reservations made on or after May 31, 2022
If your reservation was made on or after May 31, 2022 and COVID-19 affects your travel plans, your Host’s cancellation policy will apply. Our Extenuating Circumstances Policy does not cover COVID-19 related cancellations for these bookings.
Other things to be aware of
The information above doesn’t apply to Luxe reservations, which are subject to a separate Luxe Rebooking and Refund Policy. For Luxe reservations booked before March 20, 2020, see Airbnb Luxe's response to COVID-19 and reach out directly to your trip designer with any questions.
Different policies apply for domestic reservations in South Korea.
- GuestShare your feedback about AirbnbUse our form to give feedback about how an Airbnb feature works or to report a bug.
- GuestCanceling a trip due to extenuating circumstancesFind details about requirements and how to take the next steps.
- HostIf your guest cancelsIf your guest cancels their reservation, we’ll notify you and automatically unblock the dates on your calendar so you can host other guests.