Searching for stays
Cottages, cabins, and condos—oh my! You can easily narrow your search using travel dates and filters to find an available listing with the amenities you want. Read the listings for more detail and pinpoint them on the map to check if they’d be a good fit for your trip.
Improved search features in 2023
We're introducing some intuitive new features to our search functionality:
Smarter autocomplete: When searching for a destination, you’ll see more relevant place suggestions, improved place naming, and fewer duplicates.
Home highlights: Where additional relevant information based on your search is available, it will show in the home highlights. For example, if you are traveling with an infant, the highlight may indicate that the Host offers relevant amenities such as a crib, high chair, and changing table.
Points of interest: If you search for a point of interest or address, the results will show how far each listing is from your searched place. For example, if you search for the Eiffel Tower, the search result might indicate that a particular listing is a 5 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower.
Search by month: A new Months tab lets you simply ‘dial in’ the number of months for your stay. You’ll see average monthly rates instead of nightly rates, and amenities ideal for longer stays and remote working will be highlighted in your search results.
How to search
- When searching for a place to stay, click or tap Filters to view all available filters. Filters can help narrow search options. For example, the price range.
- Scroll through the listings or use the map to find listings in a specific location.
- Click or tap a listing to open it. Read the description, check the available amenities, review the house rules, and read reviews that other guests have left for the Host.
You can also search for neighborhoods, landmarks, and more. Got a question about a place you have in mind? Message the Host. When you’re ready to book, here's how.
Note: If you want to plan for a trip more than one year in advance, you’ll need to search for dates on Airbnb.com (desktop and mobile)—not the Airbnb app.
Using the map
The map is a quick way to review the listings in relation to areas of interest. You can zoom in or move around the map to find additional listings that don’t appear at first.
Use wishlists to save places for later, or to share with your friends.
Keep in mind that many places to stay are unique, and different attributes may affect the nightly rate.
Is the listing flagged as a “Good Value” by Airbnb? This means that it’s a lower price compared to other homes for the dates you chose that are similar in location, ratings, and amenities.
Split stay booking
You can also split your time period between 2 different stays. Here’s how.
- GuestSearch by neighborhood, landmark or addressYou can search by neighborhood neighborhood, landmark, and more by typing it in the Location field or using the map.
- GuestUsing search filtersFrom amenities to budget, Airbnb’s search filters are key to finding a great place to stay.
- Finding a stay that's right for youWant help finding a great place to stay? Here are the top areas that guests have questions about when they’re searching for their next trip.