How to write an appealing description
Your description is key for getting bookings. To help you get started, we’ve added some ideas based on certain details you’ve provided. We recommend that you write your own. We know you can do it!
Keep these tips in mind to help get guests excited:
1. Showcase special features
Every space is unique; share what sets yours apart.
- Great kitchen? “Whip up a quick snack or fantastic feast in the fully-equipped chef’s kitchen.”
- Got views? “Take a book to the bay window and watch the sun dip over the lake.”
2. Be specific
Include practical details that help guests plan ahead, and be transparent about any quirks.
- In a noisy city? “If traffic is loud, try our record player and jazz collection.”
- In a remote area? “We’re off-grid, so print our directions before you leave.”
3. Tell the story of your space
In addition to providing some listing details, help guests imagine being the heroes of their own adventure.
- Have a bathtub? “Ease into the clawfoot tub and let your troubles melt away.”
- Have a birdfeeder? “Start your day among the hummingbirds!”
4. Keep it brief
Write succinctly, focusing on details that don’t appear elsewhere in your listing.
- Proud of your games? “Check your chess skills, have a go at your favorite card game, or try our coloring books—fun for all ages!”
- Got a comfy bed? “Sink into the memory foam mattress with Egyptian cotton sheets.”
Remember that you can update your description later. Many Hosts refine theirs over time.
Explore more topics
- Get started hosting
- Your space
- Your listing
- Grow your business
- Explore more
- Professional hosting