What are essential amenities?
Essential amenities are the basic items that a guest expects in order to have a comfortable stay. These include:
- Toilet paper
- Soap (for hands and body)
- One towel per guest
- One pillow per guest
- Linens for each guest bed
Recommended quantities of each item depends on the number of guests and the length of their stay. For longer stays, if you provide extras of each amenity, this ensures guests have everything they need.
You can decide whether you want to make each guest bed or leave the bed linens neatly stacked. We encourage hosts to communicate with your guests during the booking process to get their preference.
We strongly encourage hosts to provide essential amenities in all their listings.
Adding essential amenities to your listing
If you are providing the full list of essential amenities in your space, you can indicate this on your listing. Click the Essentials option under the Amenities tab.
Only click Essentials if you are providing each item on the list above. Listings that are inaccurately represented may be subject to penalties, including removal from Airbnb.
Read tips on how stocking your listing—from toilet paper to TVs—can attract positive reviews in the Resource Center.
- HostWhat if I don’t provide essential amenities in my listing?While we don’t require hosts to provide essential amenities in their listing, guests have told us that these are the items they expect for a…
- HostWhy do I need to confirm my amenities?Guests are more likely to consider a place to stay when listing details are accurate and meet a basic level of professional finish.
- HostHost requirementsIn addition to providing welcoming accommodations, Hosts should be responsive and maintain a high overall rating.