Entire residential home · 6 guests · 5 beds · 2 baths
The Farm CottageYou'll love spending a few days in this three-bedroom cottage located at the entrance to the iconic Granxa do Souto, a farm founded by my family in the nineteenth century. There are only few places where you can enjoy the river, the sea, and the mountains in minutes. If you want to visit the most remote corners of our region or if you fancy a walk at sunset to watch the deer grazing in the river meadows, we will explain how to reach these places. If you also want to enjoy the beef, the seafood, and the fish from our land and sea, you are in the right place. And of course, if you're willing to ride through the meadows of the valley, at our equestrian centre they will show you the best routes accompanied by expert instructors. The maximum comfort and our beautiful and quiet surroundings will make your children enjoy the vacation of a lifetime. And besides, you're just minutes from the best beaches of Galicia. And all at incredible prices. We look forward to your visit.
- Cabo Ortegal, where the Cantabrian Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. 15 km.
- Estaca de Bares, a beautiful light house in the northernmost point of the Iberian Peninsula. 27 km.
- A Herbeira, the highest cliffs in mainland Europe. 12 km.
- A Capelada, one of the oldest mountain ranges in mainland Europe. 2 km.
- San Andrés de Teixido, a lovely fisher village on the top of the cliffs. 15 km.
- O Barqueiro, a charming little port with typical restaurants where to try delicious local dishes. 25 km.
- Ortigueira, the main village in the area, famous for the Celtic World International Festival that takes place every summer.
- Morouzos, probably the most beautiful and calm beach in Galicia. 9 km.
- Ría de Ortigueira, our estuary, popular world-wide because of its diversity of bird species. 2 km.
- Shell fish, including mussels, razor shells, cockles, clams, oysters, barnacles, scallops...
- Fresh fish, including horse mackerel, hake, sardines (very popular on St. John's day!), bream...
- Galician beef.
- Several dishes made with Celtic pork, such as zorza or raxo.
- Our main white wines, such as Ribeiro and Albariño.
- Licor café, a dark liquor made with coffee.
- Queimada, the famous hot Galician drink that is used to ward off evil spirits.
*The pictures from the nearby areas were provided by Álvaro F. Polo and Roteiros. Thanks!