New Airbnb Categories
The new categories: New, Trending, Hanoks, Top of the World, Adapted, Play, and Private Rooms
In early 2023, you’ll be able to check which category you’re in
Finding new places to stay is one of the joys of travel. We want to make sure guests looking for a space like yours can easily discover it. Whether you’re hosting a campsite, a condo, or a castle, Airbnb Categories can help you showcase what’s special about your space and entice guests to book.
What are Airbnb Categories?
In May, we introduced a new way to search designed around Airbnb Categories, making it easier for guests to discover millions of unique homes they never knew existed. More than 60 categories organize homes based on their style, location, or proximity to a travel activity. When guests search for a destination, the results are organized by categories relevant to that destination.
Guests searching for a place to stay can browse categories like Cabins, Lakefront, and National Parks. Or they can search listings by destination and their results show up under All Homes.
Listings in each category go through a curation process. Millions of homes on Airbnb are evaluated using machine learning to analyze titles, descriptions, photo captions, and guest reviews. It’s important to make sure your listing details are complete and up to date.
After we launched Airbnb Categories, you told us you wanted to be able to check which category your listing is in and provide more details about your space. Starting in early 2023, you’ll be able to do both.
Today, we’re introducing new Airbnb Categories:
- New: Listings added to Airbnb within the past 10 weeks
- Trending: Highly rated homes receiving more listing views than the previous week
- Hanoks: Traditional Korean homes constructed of natural materials
- Top of the world: Places guests can stay around 10,000 feet above sea level, often with stunning views
- Adapted: Spaces confirmed to include accessibility features, like step-free paths to the guest entrance, a bedroom, and a bathroom
- Play: Listings with basketball courts, game rooms, trampolines, water slides, and more
- Private rooms: This update to our Shared Homes Category offers 1.2 million beautiful and affordable spaces of all types, excluding hotels
Review your listing settings to make sure you’re selecting all the amenities your space has to offer. Early in 2023, you’ll be able to add more specifics about your home. For example, if your place has access to a swimming pool, you will be able to add whether it’s indoor, heated, or Olympic-sized.Learn about the major upgrades we’re making for you as part of the Airbnb 2022 Winter Release.
You might also like
You might also like
Explore more topics
- Get started hosting
- Your space
- Your listing
- Grow your business
- Explore more
- Professional hosting