No one should misrepresent themselves or their intentions while using Airbnb.
What we do allow
- Business identification: If you joined Airbnb as a business or company, you may be required to confirm your business ID, address, and phone number.
- Representative inventory: We allow Hosts to list multiple rooms under a single “representative” listing in instances where the rooms are similar enough to be considered substitutes for each other (ex: in hotels or serviced apartments). However, these rooms must have the same amenities, bed configurations, size, decor, and address.
What we don’t allow
- Identity misrepresentation: When verifying your identity as the account holder, all information submitted must be true and accurate. Falsified or doctored documents are not allowed.
- Accommodation bait and switch: Host may not mislead guests by offering a stay that is significantly different to the actual accommodation that guests will be staying in, regardless of whether the address is the same.
- Surprise payment requests: Hosts should not request additional payments that weren’t previously granted in advance by Airbnb or agreed upon with the guest prior to booking.
- False reports and claims: When filing a claim or reporting any incident to Airbnb, you must supply true and accurate information.
- Extortion: Using direct or indirect threats to obtain something from another person has no place in our community.
- Abuse or manipulation of Airbnb: No one may use abusive language, manipulative tactics, or make threats (violent or non-violent) when communicating with Airbnb or one of our representatives.
We're here to help
If you witness or experience behavior that goes against our policies, please let us know.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.
Did this article help?
- GuestBeing a considerate guestFrom sharing your story in your bio section to leaving honest reviews, connecting with other members of our community is key to traveling wi…
- GuestFor Hosts—injuries during an Airbnb ExperienceYou should get everyone to a safe place and contact local emergency services immediately. After that, report the incident to us.
- HostManaging reservations with LuxeUnderstand how to manage booking requests, booking confirmations, and payouts for online and assisted bookings