Types of ID for verification
Sometimes you’ll be asked to confirm your identity by submitting a photo of your government ID. Your ID needs to be an official government-issued ID (not an ID for a school, library, gym, etc.) that includes a photo of you.
Depending on your location and what country you’re from, you may be able to add one of the following types of government ID:
- Driver’s license: you’ll be asked for two photos—one of the front of the license and one of the back
- Passport: make sure the photo includes the numbers located at the bottom of the page with your picture
- National identity card
For residents of Singapore, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Japan, and Korea: make sure the image of your ID doesn’t show your identification or registration number. If you take a new photo of your ID, cover the number with tape when you take the photo, keeping all other info visible.
For residents of Germany: Please clearly indicate that your ID is a copy of the original—you could use the words “Airbnb copy” like a watermark over the ID. Make sure all of the info remains visible.
- How-to•GuestVerifying your identityYour security is important to us. Check out the steps we take to not only verify your identity, but to keep it safe.
- How-to•GuestWays your ID info may be usedSometimes, where permitted by applicable law, we may use identification info from a government ID to run background checks against public re…
- How-to•GuestPrivacy and photo matchingWhen you are asked to share your photo ID, multi-step process helps ensures your data is secure.