Setting ID verification for reservations
Hosts can require guests to have Verified ID before they book a listing.
Setting reservation requirements
- Go to the Reservation Requirements page
- Tick the box next to Require guests to go through verification
- Select Save Reservation Requirements
From 16 November 2022, you’ll need to verify your identity to book stays in: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the US (including Puerto Rico).
About Verified ID
Guests and Hosts can always verify their identity in their Airbnb account settings. Learn more about verifying IDs.
To verify someone’s identity, often all we require are legal name and address and/or other personal details —but in some circumstances we may also require a Government ID. For example, if there are restrictions in the building where the listing is located. Verified ID is a prerequisite for booking stays in some countries.
- HostBooking requirementsAfter the basics (name, email, and phone number) we need a little more info in order for you to book your stay.
- HostVerifying your identityYour security is important to us. Check out the steps we take to not only verify your identity, but to keep it safe.
- HostHow can I require guests to have a profile photo?You can edit your settings to require guest's to provide profile photos. However, these photos won’t be displayed until after a booking is c…