Who is eligible for emergency stays through Airbnb.org
Airbnb.org works with nonprofit organizations and resettlement agencies specializing in crisis response and refugee resettlement to facilitate on-the-ground support, including assessing the needs and eligibility of potential guests. Airbnb.org does not currently provide a direct intake process for individuals in need of emergency assistance.
Eligible individuals may include: :
- People affected by major disasters and relief workers responding to those disasters in an official capacity.
- Refugees, asylum seekers, and other newcomers.
After eligibility is established through a partner nonprofit organization, referral organization, or its service providers, guests may also be required to set up an Airbnb account, which may include identity verification checks.
All guests and hosts who use the Airbnb platform to support Airbnb.org or utilize Airbnb.org’s programs must agree to Airbnb's Community Standards and the Airbnb Terms of Service. Learn more about Airbnb’s trust and safety standards and policies.
- HostReceiving an Airbnb.org emergency stay requestAirbnb.org helps nonprofit organizations offer a temporary place to stay to people in need.
- HostSigning up to host emergency stays through Airbnb.orgYou can sign up to offer emergency stays to people in times of crisis by visiting Airbnb.org and clicking Offer Your Space.
- GuestAbout Airbnb.orgAirbnb.org is an independent, publicly-supported nonprofit organization that partners with nonprofits to provide people with emergency housi…